Why would YOU join a Martial Arts gym?
There are many reasons why you might want to start a journey in Martial Arts. With so many options out there, it can be very difficult to filter the legitimate arts from the garbage. So why would you choose to train at Black Knight Jiu Jitsu? Let’s take a look…
- It is PROVEN – Jiu Jitsu has been proven to be the most effective self defense martial art in the world. Contrary to popular belief, studies show that 95% of street fights end on the ground. The techniques you learn in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, which focuses on taking your opponent down to the ground and keeping them there, enables you to attack or get into a more dominant position. This gives you the upper hand at all times in a real-life self-defense situation. For women especially, there is no better form of self defense! Think about it, where does an attacker want a woman during an assault? on the ground! Do you really think a karate punch to the throat or kick to the groin is going to stop an attacker? NO! We also teach kickboxing at Black Knight Jiu Jitsu to give our members a complete game from stand up striking, take downs and wall wrestling, through to grappling on the ground!
- National Accreditation – Our coaches are Nationally accredited through Martial Arts Australia and fully insured, ensuring professional instruction in a safe environment.
- Internationally recognised – YES, when you earn your rank in our system your belt is recognised in Jiu Jitsu gyms WORLD WIDE! That’s right, you can travel and train at most Jiu Jitsu Academies around the world without having to start again at white belt! Even if you move and join another Jiu Jitsu Academy not affiliated with our gym, you RETAIN YOUR RANK.
- Cost – It shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg to train martial arts. We keep our prices extremely competitive to provide affordable membership packages and top value for money. Get real world effective training in a professional gym with great people for no more than $30/week with unlimited classes! There are NO membership fees, NO grading fees, NO locked in contracts, NO required uniform purchases, etc. When you grade, you EARN your belt, you don’t pay for it! Kickboxing and Women’s Self Defense classes (not including Jiu Jitsu) are just $20/week!
- Variety – Not only do we teach the number one grappling art in the world today, but we also offer fitness and kickboxing classes to compliment your Jiu Jitsu. At Black Knight Jiu Jitsu we hold ladies only self defense classes, kickboxing classes (with some MMA aspects thrown in), no gi grappling (with MMA based skills included) and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.
- Competition – So you want to compete? We can help achieve your competition goals whether it is MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), Kickboxing or Grappling. You won’t just be competing against students from your own gym either. You can compete internationally under our banner in Jiu Jitsu competitions around the WORLD!
- Sharpens your mind – Jiu Jitsu is commonly known as “human chess”. Rather than using brute strength to defeat an opponent, Jiu Jitsu employs the use of framing, angles, core movement and more to apply various techniques to defeat your opponent which shows once again why it is such an effective martial art for self defense, providing a chance for a smaller, weaker person to successfully defend themselves against a larger, stronger assailant. The real fun begins when your opponent is also skilled in grappling, forcing you to think ahead to ‘trap’ your opponent and eventually work a submission to finish the match.
- Self Improvement – Whether you are a black belt or a white belt, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu teaches you to accept that you will never fully become a master of your martial art. Not only are there hundreds of techniques out there but there are also new ones being discovered everyday. You then realize that the only way to improve is to continuously work on it everyday and remind yourself that you have a lot to learn. Gain fitness, flexibility, confidence, mental stimulation and so much more!!
Don’t take it from the gym owner… take a look at what others say about us!
If you have been thinking about starting a martial art for sport, fitness or real self defense, what have you got to lose??? Come along and try our classes at Black Knight Jiu Jitsu! The first week is always FREE.
The hardest step is the one you take through our front door!