From October 11, 2021 our gym will be reopening! However, there will be some rules we must follow in the short term. These are Government rules, not a business decision.
- You MUST be fully vaccinated (both jabs) to enter the gym and train.
- You MUST sign in using the QR code either on the front door prior to entry, or the QR code on the table near the front door upon entry. This is mandatory for all members.
- New members are allowed but visitors will NOT be permitted to train in our gym until further notice.
- You MUST show your proof of vaccination when you sign in upon entry.
- Please do not attend classes if you are feeling ill. Respect your fellow members and prevent the spread of infections.
- Hand sanitizer is available on the table at the entrance of the gym. Please use it.
Regarding proof of vaccination, please see the following information copied and pasted from the nsw.gov.au website:
Once fully vaccinated (two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine, there are several options to access and share proof of COVID-19 vaccination:
- COVID-19 digital certificate can be accessed through the Express Plus Medicare mobile app or Medicare online account through myGov. The COVID-19 digital certificate can be added to a smartphone wallet or similar. Visit Services Australia for instructions.
- Printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement (available through myGov)
- COVID-19 digital certificate can also be added to a Service NSW app and shared as part of a QR check-in. Visit nsw.gov.au for details.
For people without a Medicare card:
- Call the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809 and ask for an immunisation history statement to be posted. It can take up to 14 days to arrive.
- Add a COVID-19 digital certificate to a smartphone wallet or similar using the Individual Healthcare Identifiers service (IHI service) through myGov.
- An immunisation history statement can be accessed from My Health Record. Visit Services Australia for instructions.
For people without a smartphone or online access:
A COVID-19 digital certificate or immunisation history statement can be accessed via myGov to download and print. Alternatively, call the Australian Immunisation Register to request a copy in the post.
For people with a medical exemption:
If you have a medical reason for not receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, speak to your medical practitioner about getting your medical contraindication added to your immunisation history.
Penalties may apply for making or presenting a fake form of proof of vaccination.
While I personally don’t agree with them, these rules are mandatory for now. I look forward to seeing everyone back on the mats and working off those covid kilos!